Michael Vey, or Michael, is the powerful but caring protagonist of the Michael Vey book series. Before the events of the series unfolded, he was but a bullied and somewhat in High School in Idaho. But due to recent events, he hasn't got the time nor safety of heading back home just yet.
Michael's relationship with the rest of the Electroclan is pretty solid, but he has had past issues with some of them, most notably Taylor and Jack. He's been known to be around Ostin, Taylor, and Jack the most due to their earlier appearances. Taylor, who he describes as "one of the prettiest girls in any highschool anywhere, is his girlfriend.
Michael has the special trait of constantly becoming more electric. This makes him the most powerful Glow in both the Electroclan and Hatch's army.
Abilities, Powers, and Special Attributes
Contact Shock - Was the first electrical ability he had ever used, but has since become much stronger. Sends a powerful wave of shock into the opponent through physical contact. Usually only lethal if the user (EX. Michael) is angered or sad, but does have the ability to kill.
Surge - Was first used to stop Nichelle in the original novel. Pure electrical power flows through the user's hands, and sends a ray of electricity at the opponent. Gives the victim agganizing pain and suffering, which is most often compared to suffering a seizure.
Michael Vey: Prisoner of Cell 25
On page 48, Ostin measured Michael's electricity levels using a barometer to find that he produced eight hundred and sixty four volts, more power than a "full grown electric eel".
- Michael has to free his friends from the evil Dr. Hatch
- Michael Vey was almost fed to rats.
- Michael gets lost in a jungle, but was helped by a tribe in the jungle. Michael and his friends sink the Ampere.
- Michael and the Electroclan were on a quest to save a girl named Jade Dragon, who knew all the information about MEI and how the electric children where made.
- On a private jet from Taiwan to Arizona, Michael's emotions are causing him to inadvertently pulse, and accidentally shocks Taylor. He explains that Jade Dragon is safe and that the Timepiece Ranch had been attacked.
- Still on the private jet, Michael tells Taylor he was wrong about retiring, stating they would never be able to stop fighting the Elgen. Taylor optimistically tries to comfort Michael but reminding him they do not actually know if anyone survived the Timepiece Ranch attack, but Michael thinks the Voice is reliable and correct. Ostin tells Michael he needs to speak with the pilot and they both walk to the cockpit. Scott, the captain, quickly tells Michael to step back as the electricity is interfering with the instruments.
- After exiting the private jet, Michael breaks up an argument between Tess and Ostin and McKenna. While waiting for Scott and Boyd to secure the plane, Michael throws a lightning ball at a grasshopper, missing and catches the grass on fire. Once Scott returns, Michael argues with him about the schedule, but Scott says it's too late to visit the ranch.
- After a encounter with a gang in Naco, Mexico, a strong surge covered Michael's arms with Lichtenberg figures.